Best of 2020
It’s that time again when I take stock of everything I did in the past year and document my favorites. This year had fewer lists and less compiling to do as I took refuge in reading, music, and admittedly a whole lot of TV.
Compiling this it became obvious that I gravitated towards unabashedly dancing through the house songs this year sprinkled with few slow dancing in the kitchen with Jake songs.
- Sylvan Esso – Rooftop Dancing
- HAIM – I Know Alone
- Dua Lipa – Break My Heart
- Classixx & Local Natives – Weekends
- Taylor Swift – exile
- Run the Jewels – ooh la la
- Cold War Kids – Somewhere
- Tame Impala – Borderline
- The Chicks – Gaslighter
- Phoebe Bridgers – Garden Song
- Matt Berninger – Silver Springs
- GRANDMA – Chills
- The Staves – Nazarath
- Alicia Keyes & Brandi Carlile – A Beautiful Noise
My favorite book this year was Deacon King Kong, The Things We Cannot Say made me sob, and Blackwood is one of the creepiest books I have read in a very long time.
Best of Shows/Docs/Movies (mostly shows)
- Queen’s Gambit
- Lovecraft Country
- Mandalorian (baby yodes at a whole new level of cuteness)
- Tales from the Loop
- Episodes 6 and 10 of Mythic Quest
- Crip Camp: A Disability Revolution
- A Secret Love
- Queen & Slim (I think this was a 2019 film, but I didn’t see it until 2020)
Happy New Year!
Leave a Reply